We’re hiring a Senior Web Developer
15th Mar 2022
Start date: March/April 2022
How to apply: Send your CVs to email@example.com
think3 is a creative agency based in Derby city centre. We design and build beautiful digital products, brands, and experiences with results. With over 8 full-time experts and counting, we work with businesses up and down the country going that extra mile to make it happen for you. Due to continued growth and expansion at think3, we are looking for an experienced and highly driven Senior Web Developer who has previously worked in a design agency environment.
This role will work directly for the partners of the agency. Focusing heavily on the existing and upcoming development projects from both a front end and back end perspective. We aim to bring fresh new ideas to the role to support the web development team in planning and building bespoke client websites. We are focused on giving all of our client’s excellent customer service, delivering projects on time and on the budget which underpins our growth strategy.
You will be given senior responsibility and will work directly with Grant Thompson, the Creative Director.
What we’re looking for:
- Confident and excellent experience in PHP development
- Understanding and experience with MVC frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, Lumen etc.
- Knowledge in creating commercial WordPress based websites. (Bedrock WordPress framework by roots)
- Experience developing bespoke themes for WordPress based websites
- Understanding of data manipulation and data formats such as JSON and XML
- Good understanding of software design and principles
- Experience communicating with third-party APIs.
- Solid experience with Database (mainly MySQL) queries
- Good knowledge of design patterns and SOA
- Proficiency in React & JS frameworks
- Strong Experience in HTML and CSS (this includes SCSS using BEM Methodology
- Understanding of bundlers such as Webpack and Vite
- You write componentized, readable and semantic code
- Experience with Version Control (specifically using git)
Nice to have, but not necessary:
- Exposure to Web Security principals
- Understanding of unit & integration testing
- Experience with deployment tools
- Development in line with accessibility standards compliance and SEO best practices
- Working in agile teams
- Know your way around Figma (the design tool we use)
- Have experience in working in an agency/commercial environment
Reasons to join think3:
- A relaxed and fun working environment in a modern office in the heart of the Derby city centre
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of clients/accounts from any type of industry
- Freedom to work on different types of campaigns with complete autonomy
- Access to the latest tools, technology, and equipment
- Regular role reviews with management
- 25 days annual leave, including bank holidays – including your birthday off
- Flex-start (8am-10am)
- Monthly team nights/days out